Primary Care Provider Consultation Pilot Program
Woodfords’ Psychiatric PCP Consultation Pilot Program offers an innovative solution to improving the delivery of psychiatric services to adults ages 18 and older with autism and developmental disabilities.
This program connects primary care practices and their physicians with a free, dedicated and on-demand psychiatric consultant to inform the psychiatric care of patients with developmental disabilities.
This is a FREE two-year pilot program available to ALL Maine-based primary care providers serving adults with autism and developmental disabilities.
Woodfords has partnered with ConferMED to develop a HIPAA compliant electronic consultation (eConsult) platform to facilitate communication between primary care providers and the psychiatric consultant. Dr. Abby Keenan, Woodfords’ medical director and experienced provider of specialized psychiatric services, is now accepting provider-to-provider consultations.
- Increase access to high-quality, specialty care
- Improve patient-centered care and outcomes
- Increase care coordination
- Reduce unnecessary specialty referrals
- Streamline communication between primary care providers and specialists
- Increase provider knowledge by learning from specialists
Expeditions is a year-round program operating Monday-Friday from 9 am -1 pm in two locations: the Westbrook Community Center, 426 Bridge Street, Westbrook, and at Woodfords’ Kennebunk Office at 5 Fletcher Street, Kennebunk.
Eligibility & Referrals
The Psychiatric Consultation Program is open to ALL Maine-based primary care providers serving adults with autism and developmental disabilities whose care may benefit from psychiatric consultation services.To learn more about the program including information about the registration process and implementation, please see the resource guides below.
- E-Consultation Pilot Program Registration and Implementation Guide
- E-Consultation Pilot Program Implementation Guide
- Program Flyer
Complete Woodfords Family Services PCP Registration at https://confermed.formstack.com/forms/woodfords
- Sign Terms of Service and BAA.
- ConferMED will create and share a unique link for the practice to submit eConsults to the psychiatric specialist at Woodfords.
- Submit e-Consult using the unique link to ConferMED’s secure, HIPAA compliant online submission portal.
Once a site has completed steps 1 and 2 above, all primary care providers at that site can immediately begin submitting eConsult requests.
- Identify an adult patient needing a psychiatric eConsult for autism/developmental disability.
- Complete online submission form and attach/upload any supporting documents.
- Woodfords Family Services psychiatric specialist reviews and responds with an eConsult note.
- eConsult note is faxed back to PCP/practice.
If you would like to submit an eConsult, but are not sure if your practice or organization has already registered for the program, please reach out to Dr. Abby Keenan at email@example.com or (207) 232-7443 to find out.
Outside of the eConsult platform, Dr. Keenan also offers virtual office hours on Wednesdays where she is available to connect with providers via phone (207-232-7443).
This program has been made possible by the generous support of the Maine Health Access Foundation and Davis Family Foundation.