Home & Community Treatment
Woodfords Home & Community Treatment (HCT) program embraces the concept of consumer and family-centered planning and treatment. We recognize that all children and families have strengths that can help them get through difficult times. We work with the family to use these strengths to develop and use plans to create lasting change.
Services include treatment for children and youth living with their families, and also may include children and youth who are not currently living with a parent or guardian. Services are tailored to the family structure, including blended, foster and adoptive families.
HCT is an intensive team-delivered service consisting of a Clinician and Behavioral Health Professional (BHP) who work in the child or youth’s home and in community settings for several hours each week.
This is a unique program in Maine that includes psychiatry and behavior analyst consultation and support. The HCT service may include one or more of the following types of interventions:
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Social Thinking
- Complex Grief Therapy
- Structural Family Therapy
- Incredible Years
- Motivational Interviewing
- Modular Approach to Therapy for Children with Anxiety, Depression, Trauma or Conduct Problems
- Trauma Based - Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
Children and youth through age 20 who have MaineCare or MaineCare Katie Beckett coverage and who may have:
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Intellectual disabilities
- Down’s syndrome
- Mental health issues
- Ask your case manager to make a referral
- Talk with your school, physician or other provider and ask them to help make a referral