Woodfords is accepting nominations for the 2023 Employee Awards. This year, awards will be awarded in five categories with multiple award winners in each. Descriptions of each category are below. Please complete the nomination form below and provide a detailed response as to why this employee embodies the selected award category. Nominations are due by Tuesday, January 31 at 11:59pm. Winners will be announced at the Night Under the Stars Employee Appreciation Event on Friday, February 10 from 6-9pm at Ocean Gateway in Portland and in an agency-wide email following the event. Click here to RSVP for the event.
- The Alan & Katrina Rich Excellence in Advocacy Award (staff from all programs and departments are eligible for this award): Alan & Katrina Rich founded Woodfords Family Services in 1967. Their unrelenting advocacy for their child with special needs formed the foundation of the agency’s mission. This award goes to an employee who has engaged in effective advocacy for a consumer, a program or the agency.
- The Woodfords Wildcat Award (staff from all programs and departments are eligible for this award): The Woodfords Wildcats, the agency’s Special Olympics and sports team, have won gold many times over the years by working together. This award goes to employees who have shown exemplary teamwork in helping Woodfords meet its mission.
- The Visionary Award (staff from all programs and departments are eligible for this award): Woodfords’ vision for all of the consumers with whom we work is that they may: maximize their potential; be productive and appreciated contributors to their neighborhoods and communities; have positive and enriching relationships; lead lives that are safe and secure; and lead lives allowing for choice. This award goes to employees who, directly or indirectly, have contributed to a consumer achieving a specific goal related to this vision.
- The Rookie of the Year Award (staff with the agency less than 2 years are eligible for this award): This award goes to employees who have been at Woodfords less than two years but have already made a big impact on their team.
- The Luminary Award (staff with the agency 5 or more years are eligible for this award): Woodfords is stronger because of the many dedicated employees who have made a long-term commitment to the agency. This award goes to employees who have worked at Woodfords for five years or more, do excellent work, and provide inspiration to their team.