Woodfords' Psychiatry Services are designed to support children and adults in need of psychiatric services, as identified by their treatment teams. Child and adult psychiatry services embrace the concept of consumer-centered planning. The psychiatry team assists individuals in enhancing their independence and self-determination.
Psychiatry Services includes:
- Evaluation of individuals
- Medication management, including the prescription, administration, education and/or monitoring of medications intended for the treatment and management of mental health disorders, substance abuse disorders and/or co-occuring disorders
- Ongoing reviews of progress through medication reviews and team collaboration
- Treatment planning that evaluates current needs and ongoing progress in service
- Collaboration with treatment team members and primary care physicians
Woodfords serves children and adults in need of psychiatric evaluation and medication management. Eligibility requirements include:
- Children and adults who have MaineCare or who are MaineCare-eligible.
- Children and adults must meet APS Managed Care authorization criteria
- Children and adults must meet basic level of care screening criteria
Individuals not found eligible for Woodfords’ psychiatric services will be referred to other resources within or outside the organization.
Please Note: Woodfords is currently accepting referrals for any child in need of services. Woodfords is not able to accept referrals for adults who are not currently receiving at least one service from our agency at this time.
Meet Our Team
David Payne, PA-C, is a licensed physician assistant with certification from the National Commission on Certification of Physician Assistants. In his role at Woodfords, David sees children and adults for evaluations and medication management. For the past decade, he was the physician assistant with responsibility for the Developmental Disorders Unit at Spring Harbor Hospital. David was instrumental in the start-up and success of the Unit. His responsibilities included initial evaluation, medical and behavior management and discharges.
David obtained his medical science degree from Alderson-Broaddus University, West Virginia, and did his post graduate residency in emergency medicine at Maine Medical Center. He has experience in primary care settings, including Falmouth Family Practice, Greater Portland Medical Group and Martin’s Point Health Care.
Dr. Abigail Keenan is a licensed psychiatrist with board certification in psychiatry from the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology and the Maine Board of Osteopathic Licensure. Dr. Keenan sees older adolescents and adults for evaluations and medication management. She has experience working in both hospital and outpatient settings.
Dr. Keenan is a graduate of the University of New England College of Osteopathic Medicine and served as the Chief Resident of Adult Outpatient Psychiatry at Maine Medical Center, McGeachey Hall. She has a bachelor's in biochemistry from Union College.
Make a Referral
To make a referral, please contact Intake Coordinator Karen Dehetre, (207) 878-9663, x 4170, or firstname.lastname@example.org.