Our vision for Mainers with special needs is that they may:
- maximize their potential;
- become appreciated, contributing members of their neighborhoods and communities;
- lead a life allowing for choice;
- develop positive, enriching relationships; and
- live in safety and security.
To support this vision and the people that we serve, the agency is proud to offer a wide array of family support and educational services in Southern, Central and Midcoast Maine.
- community case management for children, teens and adults;
- preschools for children with special needs;
- housing options for adults who cannot live independently including residential homes and shared living;
- in home support services to assist children to become part of family and community life;
- psychiatry services including medication management;
- outpatient treatment;
- home and community treatment;
- training programs for professionals and parents;
- peer support groups for children with siblings with special needs;
- community supports program for adults with special needs that focuses on healthy lifestyle and community inclusion and service;
- administration of a monthly activity night for adults with special needs;
- therapeutic foster care; and
- behavioral consultation.