Woodfords’ Behavioral Consultants offer services to children and adults with autism spectrum disorders, neurological and developmental disabilities, as well as high incidence disabilities including ADHD and emotional disabilities. Services are aligned with the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), and promote individual skill development and the establishment of reinforcing home, school, community and residential environments.
Behavioral Consultants are board certified behavior analysts (BCBAs) with master’s or doctoral-level training in special education, school psychology and/or applied behavior analysis and provide the following assessment, intervention and training services to parents, providers, schools and community organizations:
- Behavioral assessment-such as FBA, ABLLS-R, VB-MAPP
- Behavior support plan and safety plan development
- Consultation (brief or ongoing)
- Curriculum and program development
- Parent, staff and caregiver training
- Transition planning and support (early childhood, adult)
Typical Problems Addressed
- Verbally and physically disruptive behaviors
- Non-compliance and tantrums
- Destructive, self-injurious and aggressive behaviors
- Bedtime, feeding and toileting problems
- School refusal
- Promoting independence
Referrals are accepted from families, case managers, schools, residential facilities and other agencies. Services are available in New England.