Woodfords Family Services is committed to the support and inclusion of people with special needs and their families in Maine communities.
Who We Are
Woodfords Family Services was founded in 1967 by five families that wanted community-based services for their young children with special needs. Today, Woodfords employs more than 300 people who work with more than 1,500 individuals and families throughout the state.
Our vision for Mainers with special needs is that they may:
- maximize their potential;
- become appreciated, contributing members of their neighborhoods and communities;
- lead a life allowing for choice;
- develop positive, enriching relationships; and
- live in safety and security.
To support this vision and the people that we serve, Woodfords offers a continuum of programs and services including:
- community case management for children, teens and adults;
- preschools for children with special needs;
- housing options for adults who cannot live independently including residential homes and shared living;
- in home support services to assist children to become part of family and community life;
- psychiatry services including medication management;
- outpatient treatment;
- home and community treatment;
- training programs for professionals and parents;
- peer support groups for children with siblings with special needs;
- day program for adults with special needs that focuses on community inclusion;
- administration of a monthly activity night for adults with special needs;
- therapeutic foster care; and
- behavioral consultation.
Woodfords Family Services is accredited by the Council on Accreditation (COA), whose program of quality improvement is designed to identify providers that have met high performance standards and have made a commitment to their stakeholders to deliver the very best quality services.