Woodfords’ Behavioral Consultants offer services to children and adults with autism spectrum disorders, neurological and developmental disabilities, as well as high incidence disabilities including ADHD and emotional disabilities. Services are aligned with the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA), and promote individual skill development and the establishment of reinforcing home, school, community and residential environments.
Behavioral Consultants are board certified behavior analysts (BCBAs) with master’s or doctoral-level training in special education, school psychology and/or applied behavior analysis and provide the following assessment, intervention and training services to parents, providers, schools and community organizations:
- Behavioral assessment-such as FBA, ABLLS-R, VB-MAPP
- Behavior support plan and safety plan development
- Consultation (brief or ongoing)
- Curriculum and program development
- Parent, staff and caregiver training
- Transition planning and support (early childhood, adult)
Typical Problems Addressed
- Verbally and physically disruptive behaviors
- Non-compliance and tantrums
- Destructive, self-injurious and aggressive behaviors
- Bedtime, feeding and toileting problems
- School refusal
- Promoting independence
Referrals are accepted from families, case managers, schools, residential facilities and other agencies. Services are available in New England.
Woodfords Family Services shall operate in a manner that does not unlawfully discriminate against consumers on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including pregnancy) age, sexual orientation (including gender identity and expression), marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Woodfords Family Services prohibits retaliation against any person because he or she opposed or complained about discrimination in good faith, assisted in good faith in the investigation of a discrimination complaint, or participated in a discrimination charge or other proceeding under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination law.